Think and Grow Rich was published by Napoleon Hill in 1937. Since then, the ideas expressed in Think and Grow Rich have led to the creation of more than a million millionaires.
Napoleon Hill got his ideas for his groundbreaking book from the first billionaire in American history, and arguably the wealthiest self-made man in all of history: Andrew Carnegie. Before Carnegie began giving away most of his massive fortune to philanthropic causes in the final years of his life, he was worth, in today’s dollars, $300 billion. Carnegie first spoke with Napoleon Hill in 1908. Carnegie told Hill that he believed everyone should have access to the "secret formula" that he had used to become so astonishingly wealthy.
Hill studied the characteristics of success achievers and developed 15 "laws" for success. That may be applied by anybody to conquer achievement.
Think and Grow Rich
Some of the other key concepts in the book include:
* Successful people move on their own initiative, but they know where they are going before they start.
* No man can become a permanent success without taking others along with him.
* You can do it if you believe you can [applied faith].
* The most successful people are those who serve the greatest number of people.
* It is essential that you develop a pleasing personality--pleasing to yourself and pleasing to others.
* Today’s employer is usually yesterday’s employee who found opportunity waiting for him at the end of the second mile.
* Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t want. Remember the old proverb: "Be very careful what you set your heart on, for you will surely achieve it."
* To be enthusiastic--act enthusiastically.
* Direct your thoughts. Control your emotions. Ordain your destiny.
* Truth will be truth, regardless of a closed mind, ignorance, or the refusal to believe it.
The truths about success, fulfillment, and wealth creation that Napoleon Hill set down in Think and Grow Rich are ageless and timeless. That’s why the book is just as relevant and fresh today as it was in 1937, and will remain so until 2037 and beyond even that.
is a book that is a blend of applied spirituality and a philosophical approach to creating a purpose-driven life. Like the book The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles, published in 1910, Think and Grow Rich posits that there is a methodical way of approaching life that can lead anyone to success and wealth. This scientific approach comes down to a certain way of thinking about every aspect of one’s life. If you think the right way, you will be led to your success and all the money you could ever need. If you think the wrong way, you will wallow in the mire of failure and disappointment most or all of your life and probably never have abundant money. Probably the most famous quote or concept from the Napolean Hill classic is: "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve".